Monday, December 14, 2015

December Everyone!

Here we are, into the month of December! How emotioning!

First things first, photos.

Elder Puyol, Dallin's companion

A pepsi sign?

Elder Bluebird Backstrom

Another Blue headed missionary

The district

Goofy missionaries

El. Backstrom selfie


We have in there a zone photo, and some other photos of regular stuff like my companion and other missionaries.

Well, this week we had the baptism of the Family Chagua, (6 in all: Julian and Julia, and their four children, Abisag, Franco, Gaston, and Silvina.) I wish I could send the photos but they will be for next week since elder Rogers (senior couple missionaries) took the pictures and has to email them to me.

It was really great though. it was well planned, almost the whole branch came out, we made little programs that were very nice-looking, and the speakers shared very spiritual messages. I baptized Julian, Elder Rogers Baptized Julia and Abisag, Brother Sosa baptized Franco, Brother Genem baptized Gaston, and Elder Puyol baptized Silvina. They were confirmed on Sunday. It was really a beautiful thing to see those humble people emerge from the waters of covenants that they made with God. Their faces where shining and you could really see the difference in them after having received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Christmas is also a thing that is happening soon, so, here is a little Christmas video if you haven't seen it yet. Yes it is different than last year's, and you should all watch it because the little kids are very cute.

Here are some Christmas scriptures that I like a lot:

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Hm, so what else can I tell you? I've basically already described tres porteƱas and sent a few photos so you can understand it. I'm really enjoying journal writing recently, I've got a lot of pages (or what for me are a lot of pages) done in the past few weeks.

Also a fun fact: I sign all of my journal entries, and it is interesting to see how my signature has gone evolving from a furniture hand-over scribble to a much more refined and slightly more loopy cursive initial. When I get back, if I work in Ikea again, it might just transform back, but, cool to see.

Well I'm going to have to practice Spanish soon.
Also French.

See you soon everybody, find new doors this week, don't run with scissors, always return the things you borrow.
Elder Backastrom

No comments:

Post a Comment