Monday, September 8, 2014

Great Week!

Okay everyone, here we have, uh, oh. looks like it's another weekly email from me!

This week has been really, really good. Just a positive experience. We had a zone conference in Mendoza, I got an appointment to see a neurologist about my headaches and dizzy spells, and we had some great lessons.

This week's highlight was without a doubt the lesson we had on Saturday with Elias (Elijah) and Janet Neiras. Elias is a less-active member who wants to return to activity in the church, and Janet is a non-member (I thought I wrote about them before but I conldn't find it in my previous emails SO). We were able to teach a very spiritual lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ And help them to set some goals in terms of their progress. But the best part of the lesson wasn't that, it was the spirit we were able to feel, and that I'm sure they were able to feel too. They also came to church yesterday, which was awesome.

(Funny story about that actually. Janet is pushing 5 months pregnant, so she wears these strange strechy long sleeve excercise shirts all the time. Yesterday she came to church in one that said, "I hate Sundays" on it- in English. of course neither she nor any of the members had any idea what it said.  But my companion and I thought it was rather ironic.)

We also had a delicious potato, carrot and chicken dinner for lunch that turned out extremely well the other day. It was just good food. Speaking of which, this week I have been making a concerted effort to eat more healthily. It's been turning out well, I think- I bought some peanut butter as snack food instead of something sugary and it was great even though it was quite expensive.

This week in my scripture study I focused on studying by topic. It's one of the suggestions in the preach my gospel chapter two on effective study. One of my studies that I particularly enjoyed was "Jesus Christ, Redeemer" in the topical guide.

Anyways, I hope you have all enjoyed this short email update,

El. Backstrom's  scriptures

No comments:

Post a Comment