Friday, October 31, 2014

More changes in El. Backstrom's area

Today is the 27th of October.

Well, Elder Freeman left yesterday, so now we are in a trio with Elder Perkins until this afternoon when we will have a new Elder arrive. So many special transfers. It is quite... stressful, to be entirely honest. Ah well. What can be done.

This week we had very high temperatures; I'm not sure exactly what they were, but it was unpleasantly hot and difficult to sleep- so we were all grateful for the cooling rainfall that we had last night that dropped the overnight temperatures to reasonable levels.

This week we had interviews with president, which only happen once every three months- so that was very good. Had I mentioned that on November eighth Elder Christofferson is going to be visiting in this area, and will give a special training to the missionaries? It is a very exciting opportunity.

A funny thing happened today; the church accidentally sent me an email with the subject line "Active Shooter Training Enrollment Notification" that informed me that as a member of church staff the church security department now requested that I complete the  "Surviving and Active Shooter Incident Training" which was a little bit of a shock to me, but I suppose that it is fine to take a lot of precautions. So I clicked on the link it gave me, and it asked me for my LDS account, which I gave, but then it told me that I didn't have authorization for that training module. So, I suppose it must have been an accident, especially seeing as no one else received any notification. Weird.

This week in my personal studies I finished reading all of Jesus the Christ, which I was about halfway through... So, that was a lot of pages. James E. Talmage's book is very intelligent, although quite opinionated, and I cannot say that I agree with ALL of his views. Still, it was informative and enlightening, and gave me that opportunity to ponder more deeply many of Christ's parables, his analysis of which comprises one of my favorite parts of the entire book.

I also continued in several reading projects I have in the scriptures, and read some of the first chapters of Alma again, and particularly enjoyed Amulek's rebuttal of Zeezrom (Alma chapter 11) and my favorite verse was the forty-fourth, which reads as follows:

 44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyable weeks, Elder Backstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment