Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Alfajores are like... a thing!

Alright, how are things? Well, it was transfer week, so stuff was crazy. but, we managed to find some new investigators, most notably Mauricio and his family; his wife's mother is an active member of the santa lucia ward, which we share a building with. He seemes egar to listen to us, wich is always nice.
Dallin's Feet by a reservoir
this week has been a kind of stressful one, what with teaching a new elder all about the area as I prepare to hand it off to him. I don't actulay have many fun stories to share.. Oh, yeah, Pablo Maldonado (ward memeber, has a back problem so can't go on a full time mission, currently serving as a family history service missionary, ward clerk, and secretary in the bishopric, also an amazing cook) made us home-made alfajores. Which where amazing. Alfajores are like... a thing that I'm going to miss a lot when I'm not in argentina any more, but also not, since they are mosly just a temptation to get fat that I have to avoid. Okay, I'm actulay going to go buy one from the guy who owns the cyber because I'm super hungry. no. no I'm not. breath. ahrgh.
(I actaly don't at many alfajores, jeez)
(Yes, I did cave and get one)
El. Backstrom and his trainer El. Spice
Hm, anything else? I'm sick, which is not cool. I got a cold. And it's lame. but whatever. It will go away.
On a spiritual note, I was reading and really enjoyed a lovely pasage in Jacob 3:1-2--
 1 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction.
 2 O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.
I am glad to think that God will always visit us in our aflictions, console us, plead for us. Sometimes I think I forget that, and get stuck in a moment, but God is able to help us ovecome anything, so there's really nothing to be proccupied about, no mater how bad things get.

.
Hanging with some other Elder's on P-day
Keep it classy and groovy and all that jazz,

El. Backstrom


Dallin's new companion El. Veintimilla from Barcelona Spain

The Reservoir


The Long Arm of the Law!
Elder Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment