Monday, July 14, 2014

Week of the 14th of Julio! Yeah!

Another weekly email reaches you from the cyber cafes of San Martin, at the hands of Elder Backstrom!
I have finally obtained a computer with a functioning USB port, so today is a picture day. I have collected several pictures for your enjoyment.

Anyways more pictures in a moment.
So, things have been skipping along quite nicely here. We've had several very good contacts in our area, whilst the other elders can't seem to stop finding Jehovah's Witnesses to *Cough*confound with true doctrine *cough cough* teach.
(JOKES IT'S A JOKE BE CALM)

Hmm. We have not had running water for several days due to a failed pump and a long weekend. However, due to the large water tanks everyone uses to store their water and provide water pressure to their homes (they're giant tanks that store ballpark 100 litres. and are located above the roof of the top floor), we have been living off a limited water supply instead of none at all. Exciting that today is Monday and hopefully we will be able to shower this afternoon! also how glad I am that we buzzed my hair rather short several days before the water incident, or it would still be very long, and thus very prone to accumulate lots of grease.

This week I cooked home made onion rings and corn dogs. They where very good and I discovered that chimichuri is an excellent spice mix for just about everything.
Fried Food!

Anything else. Hm. well, you all probably know already that Argentina got to the final of the world cup and then lost. Still, we had a good time celebrating and waving our Argentine flags at all the passing cars from our balcony when Argentina beat Holland, which was not something anyone was expecting to be entirely honest.

This week a lot of my study has been centered around marking up my scriptures to more easily access the best ones to teach from. That means that I have come across many scriptures that I marked in my English scriptures, and I am translating those markings to my Spanish scriptures along with a colourful tab to open to them quickly. This morning I came across a scripture I had marked in Romans chapter three, and it's one I really enjoyed so I'm going to share it here:

(Romans 3:23-26; see also JST Romans 3:24)
 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

It's a concise and powerful statement about the plan of salvation, and an excellent way to show to investigators how the Book of Mormon and the bible teach the same things: (Moroni 10:32-34)

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
 34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.
And, well, that's all I really had for this week. Signing off and enjoy yourselves!
El.Backstrom

Potatoes, mashed and spiced. Only one of many ways we ate 8 kg of potatoes over the last three weeks.



More Potatoes

Outside Style
Apartment Style
Best contact page ever!


My companion and I in an accidental, but entertainingly candid shot.
Alright, really now. signing off.
El. Backstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment