Friday, February 20, 2015

The Time is Far Spent... There will be even less for e-mails every week!

So, this week came with sad news. now and on-wards I have only 45 mins. to write all my emails! this means that you can expect the weekly email to come a good deal slimmer since it does take a bit of time to read all the emails that come every week... which I enjoy a lot so please don't send less emails in order obtain a longer weekly update...

Well, we had an asado today.

Me...

Elder Backstrom with the Asado meat
My Companion Elder Enriquez is from Trujio, Peru. From the same ward (and a good friend of) elder Fernandez, Another Elder I was companions with. My third Peruvian companion in a row. He was a semi-semi-professional football player (Basically, he can kick your but, but he'll never get paid to do it at home), however he injured a foot in the mission and still can't play.

He has been out on his mission for 16 months. He's a little crazy, like everyone. He likes asado. everyone likes asado.


Elder Enriquez with the Asado meat

Also attached are a few pictures of a plaza here.

The Plaza

Elder Backstrom in the Plaza
Well, this week, we washed cars at a stop light. we washed their windshields, to be precise. but then the people were startled because they thought that we were going to charge them or rob them so we just started giving away pass along cards and pamphlets at the stoplight instead. it was really fun. the sister missionaries went with us and took some photos, I will try and obtain them.

This week, I started reading through preach my gospel again in addition to my study of the doctrine and covenants, and when I read the chapter 2 it reminded me of many things I could do to make my study more worthwhile, especially the usage of my study journal which I have but I've sort of stopped using regularly. It is good to remind oneself how to study once in a while!

Well have a good week,
El. Backstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment