Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Letter Troubles

Alright everyone- time for some pictures.

A very bad picture of me!

Things to make me smell good

Very expensive, very small... but it's nutella. had to buy it. Imported from Brasil.

Elder Trelease went home this transfer. I was in the stake center and took some pictures with him.


That was a 4gb micro SD card that did not go into the letter I sent to my family because I made the terrible, terrible mistake of buying in it in a chrucho little nowhere cell-phone shop and they sold it to me failed. So. Sorry family, there will be no photos in the letter that I sent to you... 


and, playing some UNO on p-day Includes my cheek, the face of Elder Ribeiro (Brasil) and elder Nelson (Idaho)
So, This has been an interesting week. It was marked by the Argentina Mendoza mission's 25'th birthday party, at which we were invited to sing as a missionary choir (just the 18 missionaries in Mendoza zone). We sang "Ye Elders of Israel" although it did not come out quite as planned due to strange automatic piano misbehavior.

Last week I did not write very much and I would like to apologize for that and blame it on the above seen busted SD card which I was trying to force to function. This week I promise to write a little more.

In my gospel study and personal reevaluation this week I contemplated the important role of humility and the dangerous poison of pride. it is easy to be proud without realizing it- it is like a virus that hides inside a computer, trying to remain undetected and yet inhibiting progress and growth. You can never be free of pride- the most fatal mistake we can make is to believe we have liberated ourselves completely of the temptation to presume more, to boast, to speak of ourselves, to think highly and trust in our own strength- because then it strikes more powerfully and better disguised than ever before. I have a goal to be less proud in my words and my thoughts this week.

Things that happen:
  • Snapped a micro SD card in small pieces
  • Spoke french with an Argentine-Chilean dual citizen who was living in Toronto until recently
  • went to the supermarket twice and purchased extra fiber cereal because it is the only thing not coated in sugar; come on, I just want cheerios
  • tried to do exercise every day of the week but didn't
  • got my "trunky papers"
  • Googled the definition of poison and learned that it comes from the Latin word potio meaning potion
  • had my pen that I use to write in my journal run out of ink, leaving me no other choice but to finish the entry in terrible 5 peso agenda pen. which made me sad.
So that is a little about this week.

Some fun facts about Mendoza; there is a plaza (square) that has all of the banks in the entire city around it. to make making the banks secure easier. also to make it easier if you wanted to rob all of the banks at once.

It didn't snow today meaning that it will probably not snow this year in the city of Mendoza although they tell me there is a fair bit of snow up in Uspallata, a town closer to to mountains.

Well, I have nothing else to write about. Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment