Monday, May 12, 2014

Bad Water

Fine fellows, hello.

My keyboard is SO BAD today. Sometimes I wonder if good keyboards even exist in this country. Then I answer myself, no they do not.

I hear Russia annexed Crimea? good, well that's resolved then. I mean, they're literally all Russian anyway and now the rest of Ukraine can get on with whatever they where doing before.

This week was fairly, well, empty . We had a zone conference and a service project, both of which ate up days, and another three we where out of action due to a stomach illness. so, we unfortunately did not get much done. We taught only three lessons. however, three of our investigators came to church on their own- quite excellent.

During the down time this week I read the book of mormon (at zone conerence we where challenged to read it cover to cover again) and managed to get from 1 nephi 1 to 3 nephi 22. It was interesting, since we where supposed to read it fast and not go over scriputers repeatedly to get meaning out of it that way, but rather increase our familiarity of it as a whole. I found some new ways to look at certain passages, especially the repeated use of Isaiah, and the different ways different prophets wrote; the way each one has a unique style of writing and teaching is very interesting and a powerful evidence to me of the truth of the book. Other scriptures that I had forgotten about came to me more strongly as I read through again. I will probably finish in the next few days.

one of the scriptures that I encountered that I enjoyed most was 2 nephi 26:

" And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

The book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. It bears powerful testimony of his divinity and the power of his atonement, and will be a strength and a guide to any who read it with faith and real intent.

that's more or less all I have for right now?

don't drink san juan water,
El. Backstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment